Pilgrimage, Part Two: Sea of Galilee

One of my favorite stops in touring Israel was at the Sea of Galilee. It was tremendously windy; the branches of this tree were in constant motion, and the lake itself had whitecaps on it even though it was a beautiful day (the shoreline that you see in the background looks like a natural amphitheater facing the lake; it's the location in which Christ would have taught and then fed the five thousand). It was easy to imagine a storm descending out of nowhere and then dying away just as quickly--with the wind, as it were.




We got to take a boat ride across the lake, and that was wonderful; I even got to walk on the water!





Dinner was another treat; I got the same meal (mostly) that the five thousand enjoyed--loaves and fishes. Yum!




More soon...

Comments

Jo Jo said…
how fun to have those pictures to show your boys when talking about the Savior
shirlgirl said…
I don't think I'd enjoy that little tidbit you are putting in your mouth--is that just for show I hope?

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus at Harvard, Mormons at Waco?

On Priesthood Blessings

Pre-Contact Amerindian Christianities?